Get Started with the Virtual Reality Foundations Academy
EyeQXL presents the VR Foundations Academy
Built for middle and high school students The VRFA provides standards-based, cross-disciplinary, project-based learning through a low floor, high ceiling approach to instruction.
No barriers to student entry; accommodates beginners with no prior coding experience
Learners can build professional level content
Teach your students to code
The VRFA is easy to implement and is designed to fit into semester, year long or after-school schedules.
All courses include:
- 8 hours of live PD training with live-chat troubleshooting hotline
- A diverse lab of online training tools including EyeQXL Educator Certification
A standards-based coding curriculum:
Top Tier Professional Development and Ongoing Educator Support:
Student Project Demo
Medieval Village: Students will design and create their own medieval villages that they can walk around and explore inside VR.
Easy Implementation, Effective Education
The Virtual Reality Foundations Academy readies middle school students for high school AP Computer Science success by making sure our academic objectives are aligned with the 7 principles of AP Computer Science.
Aligned To The 7 Principles of AP Computer Science VRFA Core Practices
- Data and Information Science
- Abstract thinking
- Computational Thinking and Creative Problem Solving
- Fundamental Programming Skills
- Principles of the Cloud and the Internet
- Global Impact of Technology on Society
Less than 30% of American Schools offer a college and career-ready coding curriculum. Ready your students for jobs of the future
Computer Science S-T-E-M projects
- Virtual Reality: History & Introduction to Immersive Learning Demos with the OculusGo
- Gaming: Build Your Own Arcade Game in Outer Space- Students learn programming to create a “Space Dodger” game
- Caesar Cypher: Cryptography and the “Secret Code”- Students learn algorithmic thinking and cryptography by implementing Caesar’s famous cypher
- Virtual Reality: Introduction to Unity and making a downtown scene
- Capstone Project: VR Village